Powered By Blogger

11 February 2016

Manipulation

An interesting point was brought up to me a couple days ago about how our children become manipulative. I wonder sometimes is it nature or nuture that brings this demoralizing attribute to light? We must strive to teach our children the proper etiquette of being part of this race of humans. At no point is it ok to willingly manipulate our friends, our loved ones, our family or our community.

It is understandable that this unique verb is ever present in the workforce, as was also brought to attention. In that we persuade our employers why we are the best for various reasons, we persuade customers why they should buy our products, and to go nationally, look at politics. The entire field of politics is a manipulation of belief systems and ethics to get one elected into office.

As with everything it takes a level of skill, committment, integrity, response-ability and craftsmanship to advance into positions in which we seek. However as stated previously stated it is vicariously interwoven into the fabric of infrastructure for our society.

I find that it is not ok for youth to manipulate theirs parents or visw versa, additionally it is not ok for parents to manipulate the other as I have made this a principle in my relationship. Not always have I been as honest and forthright as I am now. It has taken a lot of pain and angst to come to this percocious state.  I have lost everything I have loved and fight daily to rebuild what is mine.

I urge you parents, friends, mentors, coaches, leaders, bosses, masters, and anybody on any tier of the structure, please do not manipulate each other the way people do. Please refrain from doing so to me. As I have stated, if you got me, I got you. Practice humility, respect, truth, and honor and teach our children correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment