Powered By Blogger

21 February 2010

Boggled Mind of a Troubled Soul

I have noticed in my 26 years of existence that even the smallest flutter of a butterfly wing, can make the most drastic of changes in the lives of oneself and those close. There's a different kind of understanding required to be able to completely comprehend the complexities of situations that arise out of dirt and sand. One flutter can change one's life dramatically which makes that person re-evaluate the existence of self.

I see life as a 9 gauge chain link. With each experience, comes a new chain link, and with each chain link comes one more restraint (kind of like a chain being used as a straight jacket). Every time things go well, low and behold a hail storm hits, and with the hail storm comes a whirlwind--tornado if you will--of contemplation, confusion, prejudice, and hypocrisy.

What if existence only exists (for lack of a better word) within the mind of the beholder? Or as my high school biology teacher suggested: what if all we are is a brain (or brains) in a vat of juice? What if all this is, is a matrix made entirely of a program that is controlled by some compulsive maniac with a huge ego?

I don't believe that we are here just to take up space. To that extent, I also don't believe we are here (me especially) to please or make others happy. I am here (in my rhetorical minds-eye) to be amused at the idiocracy of the human race. Look at animals (exclude humans as an animal for the moment), do they have the same stereotypical and repugnant standards as we do? Does it make sense that some kind of supreme being would allow so many to suffer and fall into the vast cavern of travesty that is life?

This all makes perfect sense in my head and if you can't see the relativism of it then continue on to the next person's blog and find your answers. At this moment my mind is a swirl of thought, provocation, and sheer fear.

For now,
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment